Steven Tomcavage on Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:40:48 -0500

[PLUG] Certifications

I was wondering if anyone has gotten any Linux certifications? I recently
picked up the Linux Professional Institute (http://www.lpi.org) level 1
certification. I am thinking about taking the Red Hat Certified Engineer
course and exam, but only if my employer agrees to pay for it.

After taking the LPI level 1 exam, I'm weary of taking any exams without
looking through a study guide. I used a guide for the first exam, and
there were some questions on specific options for commands that I may have
missed had I not had a study guide to prepare me for those types of
questions. These were the types of things that a quick trip to the man
page would easily answer for me on the job. Since there's not a study
guide for the level 2 exam, I'm holding off on that one for a while.

Has anyone taken the level 2 exam? What are your thoughts? How about the
RHCE?

-Steven Tomcavage