Beldon Dominello on Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:01:07 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Another Perl question

On Monday 10 February 2003 22:14, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> BTW, why did you decide to use Expect.pm when the consensus on the
> list was that SSH authentication was a better solution?

We are-- sort of.  We're using Perl to initiate an scp session-- which
requires the Expect module (or the Net::SCP::Expect module, to be precise).
SCP can use either password of key-swapping, but it needs one of the SCP
modules in order to do it.

	-Beldon

--
A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.