gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 26 Mar 2003 22:32:04 -0500

Re: [PLUG] cdparanoia and cd-rw

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 09:00:12PM -0500, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> Yeah, I'm thinking this, too. But there I block: what could let all
> these things work just fine but stump cd-paranoia? Anyone know more
> about how the scsi emulation stuff interacts with the rest of the
> world?

What are you device and args feeding to commands like cd-discid?

Is this an ATAPI or a SCSI CD-RW?

Since cd-paranoia fails to recognize your CD-ROM as an ioctl device
it knows how to deal with, it's possible that the kernel version and
related libraries with ioctl definitions changed since you rebuilt
cdparanoia. Did you upgrade recently? Did you upgrade cdparanoia at
the same time? What happens if you rebuild it from scratch now?

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net