Jeff Abrahamson on Wed, 9 Jul 2003 12:32:06 -0400

Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 11:16:10 -0400
From: "Murray, Joan" <Joan.Murray@awl.com>
Subject: New Book - Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk, 4/e
To: "'brian@onsight.com'" <brian@onsight.com>,
	"'quozl@basichelp.com'" <quozl@basichelp.com>,
	"'pkelly@natant.com'" <pkelly@natant.com>,
	"'adam@metrolink.com'" <adam@metrolink.com>,
	"'beirwin@shaw.ca'" <beirwin@shaw.ca>,
	"'Ken.Weinert@ihs.com'" <Ken.Weinert@ihs.com>,
	"'Christopher.Riddoch@colorado.edu'" <Christopher.Riddoch@colorado.edu>,
	"'cjcox@acm.org'" <cjcox@acm.org>,
	"'sid.emory@scujug.org'" <sid.emory@scujug.org>

  [71 lines, 433 words, 2888 characters]  Top characters: eot*ainr

Dear User Group-

Very soon you will be receiving two user group review copies of Practical
Programming in Tcl and Tk, 4/e by Brent B. Welch and Ken Jones with Jeffrey
Hobbs (ISBN 0130385603).  We are sending one as a review copy, in hopes that
one of your members might review the book, and the other to use however your
group finds useful (door prize, raffle, etc.).

About the Book
Practical Programming in Tcl/Tk has been described as the "bible" for Tcl
programmers. It is a guide to the Tcl/Tk programming language and GUI
toolkit. This fourth revision includes substantial updates to cover the new
version 8.4-giving both an overview of the features, as well as details
about every command in the language. The third edition, written on version
8.2, sold over 30,000 copies.

The book provides a guide to the best ways to use the toolkit.  It not only
gives accurate details, but also includes extensive examples that
demonstrate the best way to use the toolkit.  The expert authors offer many
valuable insights to the readers, as both have developed the technology and
used it to solve problems.

Audience
Any Tcl programmer who wants up-to-date information on the latest version of
Tcl/Tk.  It is helpful for both novice and expert, because of its mixture of
overview and tutorial information, multiple examples, and detailed feature
descriptions.

Additionally, this book includes the latest versions of the Tcl/Tk toolkit,
as well as a wide selection of Tcl extensions and applications, including a
copy of ActiveTcl distribution from Active State software.

Author Biographies
Brent Welch is a software architect at Panasas, and former research engineer
at Sun Microsystems and Xerox PARC.  He has been involved in Tcl and Tk from
the early beginnings, and developed major Tcl applications including the
exmh email user interface and the TclHttpd web server.  His home page is
<http://www.beedub.com/> http://www.beedub.com/  Ken Jones is a Silicon
Valley Tcl/Tk instructor and frequent speaker at industry Tcl/Tk
conferences.

Your reviews and feedback on our technology books are appreciated.  When you
review one of our titles, please let us know and we will make sure that the
author sees it.

In closing, thank you for being a valuable part of the Linux user group
community.

Take care,
Joan Murray
Senior Publicist/User Group Liaison
Addison-Wesley Professional/ Prentice Hall PTR
75 Arlington Street, Ste. 300
Boston, MA  02116
P. 617.848.6536
E. joan.murray@aw.com
www.awprofessional.com
www.phptr.com

If you were not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender and delete all copies.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
 Jeff