Paul on Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:56:10 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Community Service Project (Devil's

Rebecca Ore wrote:

If they don't have access, web browsers and chat clients can't be used.

Not true. You can still create and view local HTML pages. Also, consider this: My first experience with a modem was PC to PC chat and BBSes. By today's standards that might seem lame, but, it was a blast! I still think it's cool. In a way, PC to PC connections are more advanced than Internet connections.

Having PLUG Jr, a Hood-net, or pairs of kids connecting their PCs together with modems seems like it would help to bring people together for a common pursuit. Just think of the ideas exchanged and explored just discussing this topic. Now it's the kids' turn. With a kid's curiosity, ability to absorb knowledge, and playful spirit, this project may grow beyond our expectations and doubts.