Paul on Sat, 12 Jul 2003 23:51:20 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Community Service Project (Devil's advocate)

Jon Nelson wrote:

M.Simons said:

Motivation.. I've seen some things Jon has said.. but I'm not entirely
sure what sparked this initial project interest.. Is this a requirement of
the job? Did you go and get arrested for jaywalking and then sentenced to
community service? :D Are you just bored with plenty of time and decided
to do something good? Did you talk to someone (say, maybe someone who
works at teamchildren) and they sold you with a fever pitch on the idea?
Do you have kids in this school district? What is it?

When I hit the "Motivation" paragraph though, I had to respond. I'm sure
you didn't mean to offend me but you did. I really didn't appreciate that
you insinuated that I'm forced to do it out of a job requirement or my
"sentence".

The wording of that question wasn't very tactful, but the question is valid and it may be asked by potential sponsers. Personally, I don't question your motivation at all.