Paul on Sat, 23 Aug 2003 15:11:08 -0400

Re: [PLUG] AntiAd HOSTS file to DNS?

Bill Jonas wrote:

Nothing wrong with asking. Insisting's another matter entirely. While
I agree that trying other platforms besides the most common one is good,
there's something to be said for freedom of choice (even if it's the
default choice). Isn't that what Free and Open software is all about?

Yes. Totally agree.

What was the original purpose of blocking pop-ups in a business environment? Is it bandwidth, user convenience, or something else?

(Change should be a choice and right now I'm experiencing the difficulty of one of my choices. This is even more off topic, but if you want to know, I've converted my standard Qwerty keyboard to a Dvorak layout.)