Stephen Gran on Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:16:06 -0400

[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

[PLUG] [OT] Where to get adapters for British outlets?

Hello all,

A friend of mine is going to move to scotland for a year or so, and he
is looking to pick up some adapters that will let him plug in his
American appliances into Scottish current.  It's my understanding that
they use plugs with little round pins instead of our bar pins, and that
they also use a different current supply, so that he would need not only
an interface change, but a real voltage converter.  Is this accurate, to
the best of anyone's knowledge?  If so, does anyone know where to pick a
bunch of these up?

Thanks all.

p.s. - Sorry for the OT, but it does involve plugging in a dual-boot
computer . . . :)

|  Stephen Gran                  | My LESLIE GORE record is BROKEN ...     |
|             |                                         |
| |                                         |

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature