Mental on 20 Oct 2003 11:25:03 -0400

Re: [work] [PLUG] Book Recommendation

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 10:27:19AM -0400, Barry Roomberg wrote:
> On Monday 20 October 2003 10:03 am, Joseph B. Welsh wrote:
> > Hey List,
> >
> > I have a good chance to take over an outside consulting job that manages
> > a CVS repository.  The requirements for the position are Unix shell
> > scripting, perl scripting and CVS administration.
> >

> Note the word "requirements".

Eh, its up to the interviewer to decide.

Book recomendations:
Find out which shell is used. O'Reilly has a good book on bash.

If you already know the basics of programing, get the perl cookbook and
the camel book.

Now the important part.... DO something. Reading is fine and dandy, but
practical application is essential. You should also check out some books
on good admin type practices, general unix automation tips, etc.

--
Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

 Belief is what you make of it
 A creation of your own