Jesse Huestis on 29 Dec 2003 18:02:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Can't access part of Linux Share

Things have gotten worse.

The system does not start up with out errors
I no longer can run most commands in console mode
I get X errors indicating it is cycling to fast.

I am attempting to upgarde to RH 7.3 in hopes that the upgrade will stablize things.

Again the question, what are the recovery tools used to diag HD and OS's?

Jesse

Jesse Huestis wrote:

free -m indicates a 307 meg swap free

Jesse

Paul wrote:

Jesse Huestis wrote:

I have a share which hangs up when I drill down to a directory which has let say 4,000 photo files.
I do have a backup of about 95% of the files, but I was hoping someone has a suggestion on how to run recovery tools to enable me to access this share.

Notes:  I can access it from the Linux box, but it is very, very slow.

When I run free -m I only have 7 megs free

Red  Hat 7.2

Hmmm, I just checked again and the remote computer opened the dir after over 1 hour.
I was currios what can be done.

If you have a file preview feature in your file manager and you are using it, stop using it.

What happens in a terminal if you "cd" to the directory and "ls -l" a specific file name?

How much swap does "free -m" tell you is being used?