Gyoza on 29 Dec 2003 19:19:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Can't access part of Linux Share

Jesse Huestis wrote:

Things have gotten worse.

The system does not start up with out errors
I no longer can run most commands in console mode
I get X errors indicating it is cycling to fast.

I am attempting to upgrade to RH 7.3 in hopes that the upgrade will stabilize things.

Again the question, what are the recovery tools used to diag HD and OS's?

What I would do at this point is put the drive in a stable system and copy the data off of it. Alternately, try a fresh Linux install on the original system while leaving the data drive or partition intact (hopefully the data is isolated).

Then, look for a utility provided by the manufacturer of the drive to test its integrity.