Paul on 29 Dec 2003 23:27:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: linux hard drive troubles

Michael Lazin wrote:

I called technical support on this issue and they insist that this is a bios limitation and I need a controller card. This leads me to this question, what would be a ATA-100 controller card to use with Linux?

I can't recommend anything and I still don't accept that it's a controller problem. The capacities you indicated, roughly 3.5G and 6G, are unusual cut-off points, aren't they?

Did you ever tell us the specs on the computer? Has the BIOS ever been updated?

Is there a jumper on the drive for reduced capacity? The the companies drive integrity utility say everything is fine?

Sometimes two different drives don't like to cooperate as master and slave. What else is connected to the controller? I don't think this would really make a difference, but is the drive plugged into the primary controller?