Art Clemons on 21 Jan 2004 04:45:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] CD I/O errors on reading towards the end of the data

basic@op.net wrote:

   This is just what I need.  Unfortunately, this is for an IDE drive,
   and cdrecord only interfaces to scsi, so I have loaded a scsi driver that
   converts the IDE to scsi. Maybe I'll try it anyway.  There is nothing
   to loose.

Actually, it depends on which kernel you're using. If you do use 2.6.X, you'll discover that cdrecord can support ide drives despite giving an error when you for example use cdrecord dev=/dev/hdd. If you are using 2.4, then the old reliable at bootup hdc=scsi, and you have to select scsi emulation for your ide cdrom as well as finding out which of sr0, scd0 or whatever your cd is referred to when you try this. The 2.6 setup is much easier.