Will Dyson on 23 Jan 2004 00:36:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] CD I/O errors on reading towards the end of the data

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 21:32, Sandy Basickes wrote:
> Dear Paul:
>    This is just what I need.  Unfortunately, this is for an IDE drive,
>    and cdrecord only interfaces to scsi, so I have loaded a scsi driver that
>    converts the IDE to scsi. Maybe I'll try it anyway.  There is nothing
>    to loose.

Yeah, it is vexing. As noted elsewhere, the 2.6 kernels provide a nice
solution to the whole mess (and can use DMA for many more cdrom
operations than 2.4 can).

If hdparm doesn't work, there is also the command 'blockdev' which is
generic to all block devices.

--
Will Dyson
"Back off man, I'm a scientist!" -Dr. Peter Venkman