Mailing Lists on 5 May 2004 21:49:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Typo3

I have installed it and about 15 other "CMS" programs including:
RedDot (commercial)
MetaDot
PHProjekt
Plone
WebGUI
TikiWiki
eGroupware
Mambo
AngelineCMS

It really depends upon the site owner's abilities and desired functionality.
They've all got their strong points and detractions, however, you can go to
http://www.opensourcecms.com/ and test actual working demos before you
attempt to pull your hair out on 10-15 different CMS programs installations.
Typo3 can be hellacious the first time around if you don't use xampp (lampp
for linux).

My personal favorite is phprojekt, it's very flexible and relatively
admin-friendly (meaning you don't lose hair or late night calls because the
site owner 'broke' something). I use it to keep track of my own insanity,
er, schedule.

Susan