Dan Widyono on 14 May 2004 19:45:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] knoppix hdinstall (was compile 2.6.x for RH8/9)

> Thanks, Dan. Paul mentioned this too in a recent reply on this thread.
> I recall seeing something with along those lines but I rejected it for
> some reason- probably a flawed reason from the sound of it!  Did it add
> a GRUB or LILO entry alonside the existing one you had for the Fermi
> Lab's one?  (You don't need the Knoppix CD to boot, do you?)

Neither knoppix-installer nor knx-hdinstall use GRUB currently.

knx-hdinstall asked if I wanted to install LILO and if so, where.  I said no
because I use GRUB.

knoppix-installer asked where I wanted to install LILO, MBR or partition
(*grumble* I can't _not_ install it).  I said partition so as not to wipe the
GRUB MBR already present.

I'll have to manually add both to my GRUB configuration.  Live Linux Distros
are great indeed, IMHO.

Dan W.

--
-- Daniel Widyono             --