Art Alexion on 6 Sep 2004 00:27:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] mozilla locks up

PaulNM wrote:

Art Alexion wrote:

... when retrieving mail.

Version 1.7. All of a sudden, it was reporting 23000+ messages in an inbox that really contained about 163. After restart, it reports the size properly, but locks up as soon as I do a mail check. Browser works fine and MUA works fine until I do a mail check. Is there a way to repair the inbox which is probably the problem?

First thing I would try is deleting any .msf files. You'll find them in ~/.(mozilladir)/(random salt)/Mail/(account name). They're the summery files for any mailboxes. Mozilla automatically regenerates them the next time you look in the folder. Obviously you don't want Moz running when mucking in its folders:)

fixed... thanks!!!

Art Alexion
Arthur S. Alexion LLC
arthur [at] alexion [dot] com
aim: aalexion
sms: 2679725536 [at] messaging [dot] sprintpcs [dot] com

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @

Key for signed PDFs available at