David Shaw on 13 Sep 2004 12:00:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Information about Encryption Algorithm & there comparisons.

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 05:23:27PM +0530, McLinux wrote:
> eric@lucii.org wrote:
>
> >On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 11:30:04AM +0530, McLinux wrote:
> >

> >>Hi All,
> >>
> >>I am interested in studying various encryption algorithms ( Mainly I am
> >>interested in studying there comparisons). Can anyone please reply with
> >>URL or any site where I can find them?

> >There are some great resources to crypto on the net but, unfortunately, I
> >cannot find where I stored the links to them :-(
> >
> >Still looking....
> >
> >How "far down" are you looking to go to make the comparison?  Source code?

> Yes finally thats where my search will end. :)

Two great places to start are http://www.gnupg.org/ and
http://www.openssl.org/

There is a degree of overlap between these two, algorithmically
speaking, so you can even see two implementations of a given algorithm
to see how it was done differently.

David