Eric S. Raymond on 13 Sep 2004 19:44:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] iptables -A INPUT -s Howard_Bloom/0 -j DROP

Howard Bloom <lists@pc-man.com>:
> When did I become an enemy?  I use Linux!  Can I play with everyone now?

I remember you from the PA-RKBA list.  You use guns, too, but I don't
want you playing on any shooting expedition I ever organize.

I have been keeping quiet about your past behavior to give you a
chance to demonstrate that you learned something from being run off
PA-RKBA.  It is now evident that you have not.  You are still a
miserable, contentious, troublemaking asshole and far too impressed
with your own rhetoric.

Yes, PLUGgers, you should drop this guy.  Like a rock.  I never
tangled with him personally back on the PA gun-rights list, but I
watched with astonishment while he pissed off *everybody* there. Let
him be somebody else's problem.  Maybe he'll grow up someday.  I doubt
it, though.  His kind generally gets nastier and more bitter with age.