Paul on 22 Oct 2004 04:28:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] ATX Power Connector Charring and Random Rebooting

Tom Hornberger wrote:

The 5 volt regulator usually controls the other voltages. The charring of the contacts shows that too much current was pulled through them. I would suspect the voltage req on the mobo for the CPU or the caps. How old is the mobo? There was a rash of bad caps about 2(?) years ago.

I'm not sure how long we've had this mobo. The BIOS dates are all from 2002. DFI AD73 RAID. My father has a DFI AD73 Pro which hasn't had a problem.

I did have some problems with two PowMax PSUs in the past.