Jarrod Lewis on 8 Dec 2004 03:51:02 -0000

[PLUG] WLAN

I'm a complete and utter newbie to linux but I really want to learn about it
and support it but, right now it's killing me. I have been trying to get my
wireless card going dwl 520 (dlink) lspci shows the card and I can see it in
the network applet under the hardware tab. I just can't get it going. I was
told I need to enable it in the kernel but all this info I have read on this
is vague at best. I was also told I needed the drivers for it. Of course I
have the Windows drivers for it and I could use ndiswrapper bu the info on
that is damn near alien to me. So either I'm a complete moron or this is so
much beyond me. Any suggestions?