George Gallen on 9 Dec 2004 18:25:04 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Re: what is the best way to bulk email 2 million opt inemail addresses?

I wouldn't say there isn't any payment involved...

The cost of a business internet connection (one that can sustain a upload for 2M emails)
   is quite a monthly fee, far more of an expense than a monthly cable bill. so, no, it
   really isn't free for the sender (at least in the US).

To me true spam, has no valid return address, and no useful purpose. Here I'm assuming
these emails will have real return addresses, and be of some purpose (to someone).
Those I classify as junk mail, not spam mail.

If I could get rid of the spam mail in my mailbox and keep the junkmail, I wouldn't be
deleteing very much every day.

George

 -----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org [mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org]On Behalf Of W. Chris Shank
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2004 12:11 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Re: what is the best way to bulk email 2 million opt inemail addresses?

It's up to this fellow to decide if he wants to be a spammer or not. It's not necessarily illegal and morality is an individual decision as well. Difference between spammers and postal workers is that business have to PAY to have each piece of junk delivered. There is no pay system for email (yet).
--
W. Chris Shank
ACE Technology Group, LLC