Mark M. Hoffman on 9 Dec 2004 17:51:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: what is the best way to bulk email 2 million opt in email addresses?

* Paul <gyoza@comcast.net> [2004-12-09 10:45:38 -0500]:
> James Kelly wrote:
>
> >Sorry, the I was just doing what I was paid to do excuse doesn't cut it.
> >
> It does when it's time to pay the bills or time for an employee review.
> It isn't evil after all.  It just isn't the most respectable thing to do.

I'm with James:

Two million messages, assuming 2 seconds time to delete each...

	2M * 2s = ~ 47 days of wasted time

Please explain how putting a random person in jail for 47 days just to gain
a few customers is not evil.  Spreading that waste around doesn't make it
any less wasteful.

And the above doesn't even consider the theft-of-services angle.

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman
mhoffman@lightlink.com