Art Alexion on 8 Apr 2005 00:13:16 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT:Phone & DSL service?

James Kelly wrote:

> Michael Lazin wrote:
> | I pay 50 bucks a month+tax for combined DSL and phone service from
> | cavelier.  Phone service includes caller id, call waiting, and 3 way
> | calling.  DSL is a static IP with no usage restrictions.  I run a
> | number of servers.
>
> A word of caution about Cavalier, just hope you never need anything done
> on your account over a weekend (i.e. service restored) because it won't
> happen until Monday.

Which brings up the point, "they have to be saving money some way".
Open Source stuff notwithstanding, in the commercial world, very low
prices mean corners are being cut.  The question you have to ask
yourself is, "can I live without the service that is eliminated in order
to deliver the low price?"

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need
for alarm.
Info @

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c