Art Alexion on 15 Apr 2005 19:45:53 -0000

Re: [PLUG] undo mkfs?

Jon Nelson wrote:

>Here is some more reading for you:
>And since you don't have alot of disk space you might want to check out:
>To make sure I got this right...It _was_ ext3 and then you did an
>mkfs.ext3?  Sorry.  I deleted you original post.
Yes, ext3.  What happened is that I deleted two windows partitions at
the beginning of the disc and created a single partition from the
resulting space.  I did this all w/o exiting cfdisk.

At that point, cfdisk was still calling my 26 GB Linux partition hde4.
So I exited cfdisk and did a mkfs.ext3 on hde2 and hde3.  Turns out that
hde4 had become hde3 so I overwrote my existing file system.

Art Alexion
Arthur S. Alexion LLC
arthur [at] alexion [dot] com
aim: aalexion
sms: 2679725536 [at] messaging [dot] sprintpcs [dot] com

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @

Key for signed PDFs available at