Art Alexion on 17 Apr 2005 11:01:51 -0000

Re: [PLUG] PGP (GPG): inline vs mime

Jeff Abrahamson wrote:

>Is there a good reason for people to do this, or
>should I politely suggest they use PGP/Mime instead? I also don't see
>how to get mutt to auto-validate such messages the way it does for
>PGP/Mime.

>Any suggestions?

I find that Outlook and AOL users that I write to get less freaked out
over inline signatures than PGP/mine attachments.  With PGP/MIME, I
constantly get "I can't open your email [meaning attachment]", whereas
with inline, they just think it is "net junk" and are comfortable
ignoring it.

I didn't know that inline signatures caused mutt problems, but I /think/
I send more mail to Outlook than mutt users.  Also mutt users are
probably more likely to understand what is going on.

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need
for alarm.
Info @

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c