Christopher Shanahan on 12 Aug 2005 12:40:10 -0000

Re: [PLUG] BlackDog

On Thursday 11 August 2005 19:06, Eugene Smiley wrote:
> Well the page you listed states, "Leaves No Trace. BlackDog leaves no
> trace of your application or data on the host computer."
>
> It doesn't say that it leaves no trace of BlackDog. It could be read
> as "BlackDog leaves no trace of your application or data -- which
> you've installed on BlackDog -- on the host computer."

Keep in mind, of course, that BlackDog -- like any USB device -- will leave
its mark in the host computer's registry (assuming a Windows machine).

> Maybe they're using JVM... I'd lean toward NX (which can be run full
> screen) however. They refer to it as "Projecting" the server on to
> the host PC which sounds to me like some form of remote desktop
> (VNC/RDP/NX) family of tricks.

Wouldn't nxserver, or any comparable server app, have to be running on the
host computer for a client running on the BlackDog to connect to? Or am I
thinking backwards? Its still early. :)

Regardless, it would be interesting to see what -- if any -- information is
left behind on the host computer -- the machine running nxserver -- after an
NX session.

--
Christopher Shanahan