Dan Widyono on 12 Aug 2005 12:28:43 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Mouse puzzle

Are any of the mice speaking IMPS/2?  Check the source for the mouse drivers
for IM if so; I recall reading something about initializing the hardware
before using it.  Yup, on-board circuitry in the mouse keeps state or
something.

Your reasoning below about it not being protocol might not work if the above
is true: the IM mouse will spew stuff, but not correct stuff, if not
initialized (so says my random theory).  Thus, when using a non-IM mouse with
the IMPS/2 driver in X, you get crap (the mouse jumps, but every once in a
while it tracks correctly.  Then it jumps again.  Then it randomly acts like
you've clicked a button even though you haven't).

If they're all plain PS/2 then I dunno.

Dan shot-in-the-proverbial-dark W.

--
-- Daniel Widyono             --