Tim Cwik on 12 Aug 2005 13:37:32 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Mouse puzzle

On 2005.08.12 02:20, Mark Dominus wrote:

I have several mice, which I will call mouse A, B1, B2, and B3. B1, B2, and B3 all behave the same, so I will refer to B1, B2, and B3 collectively as "mouse B". Mouse A is different. The largest and most obvious difference is that mouse A works and mouse B does not. For various reasons, I would like to throw away mouse A and use mouse B instead, except that I also want mouse B to work.

All the mice are serial mice with round 6-pin plugs.  My computer's
serial socket is the trapezoidal 9-pin kind, so I have an adapter plug
in between.

Are you using the same adapter plug to test all four mice?

Do mice B work anywhere else?

--
Tim Cwik
tcwik@stnhbr.com                            spamtrap: tjc123@stnhbr.com