gyoza on 13 Sep 2005 21:06:48 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Installation obstacles

How did you boot the Mandrake CD?  Was the Ubuntu CD made correctly so
that it is bootable?

On my laptop, hitting F12 at boot allows me a one-time choice of boot
options.  Otherwise, pressing F1 gets me into the BIOS to make
persistent changes in the boot order.  It could be the Del key in your case.

Is there is a splash screen covering up the boot information?  I hate that.