Art Alexion on 3 Nov 2005 12:53:16 -0000

Re: [PLUG] DSL speed and [NT] DCA.net and FIOS

Eric Hidle wrote:

>Does anyone know if there is a competitive cable ISP around here
>that offers more business-oriented services like DCA.net does?

Unfortunately, you can only get cable internet from the same provider
that serves the neighborhood with cable TV.  And the way things are
structured, cable TV companies have monopolies in the neighborhoods that
they serve.  So if you are in a Comcast neighborhood, you  can only get
Comcast cable internet.

I understand from some friends and neighbors, that for the right price,
and if you get to the right people, Comcast can be accommodating to
business needs.  I have a friend who is a systems administrator at one
of the  University City schools, but often works from home.  Comcast
gave him a fixed IP and some other perks, but the University is paying a
premium and it took some time to iron out.

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c