Joshua Karstendick on 27 Apr 2006 19:05:46 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Summer IT Internship

Brett,

You're probably right, but there is still a chance, albeit a slim one,
that you'll get someone who hasn't yet gotten a job for this cycle. If
you call the SCDC, I'm sure they'll be pleased to help you.

If you'd like to have a Drexel co-op for the fall-winter term, I
suggest you get into the system soon, because the deadline for
employer listings for the first round of hiring is soon.

And if you list an opening for spring-summer '07, you just might find
my resume among the applicants :-)

On 4/27/06, Brett Harris <plug@bharris.f2o.org> wrote:
> Avi,
>
> What, just because you live with my slacker co-worker you think you can
> suggest things, GEEZ!
>
> Seriously though, I think I'm too late to get in on this summers co-op.
> By their online calendar (http://www.drexel.edu/scdc/emp_calendar.asp)
> jobs were already supposed to begin at the beginning of the month.
>
> -Brett
>
> avijit ghosh said:
> > I am biased :) Seriously though, I am a faculty member over at Drexel
> > and our undergrads, well those in the physics dept are all growing up
> > on Linux (the public undergrad cluster), the kids learn decent coding
> > skills for scientific programming, parallel programming (MPI). We have I
> > think 4 or 5 large linux clusters, in our dept alone.
> >
> >   I am sure the CS dept has something similar and the coop program
> > is basically like an internship for the undergrads, our department is
> > all about Linux/GPL/GNU etc etc, we all have obligatory unix beards
> > in fact!
> > (not really)
> >
> > -best,
> > -avi