Jeremy Wakeman on 23 Jun 2006 17:51:33 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Invitation to host PADS meetings at Devry University in Fort Washington PA

On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 10:01:37AM -0400, CJ Fearnley wrote:
> For those who don't remember PADS is the Philadelphia Area Debian Society.
> I started it in 1999 (http://pads.LinuxForce.net/).  But when PLUG moved
> to the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (USP), PADS was left
> without a meeting place.  The group sort of fizzled out from there.
>
> I received an invitation today to host PADS meetings at Devry University in
> Fort Washington PA.
>
> I would love to revive PADS, but Fort Washington is far enough away from me
> that I'm not likely to attend many meetings.
>
> Is anyone else interested in reviving PADS?
>
> Is anyone interested in organizing meetings in Fort Washington?

I'm a debian user, and happen to work in Ft Washington.  Though I was never a part of PADS (and I haven't actually made it to a PLUG meeting yet), I'd be interested in seeing PADS resurrect in my area.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to help organize meetings at the moment.  That might change in the future, but for now all I'd be available for is showing up at meetings.

Anyone else interested?

--

Jeremy John Wakeman
jeremywakeman@gmail.com