Sean C. Sheridan on 23 Jun 2006 15:27:00 -0000

Re: [PLUG] YUM upgrade

If you are intent on doing it, here's another resource:

"Although upgrades with yum have been tested and work, live upgrades are
not recommended by the Fedora Project."

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq

But, you are right.  Yum is not designed to be used this way.  It is
highly recommended you download and install using Anaconda.

Yum is designed only to keep your system up to date, not to update the
kernel.  One of the biggest problems I had is that Yum broke after
upgrading python for my new core.  It was a major pain, so I went back and
reinstalled (upgraded) from disk.

Sean C. Sheridan
scs@CampusClients.com

Campus Party, Inc.