Mike Leone on 6 Aug 2006 01:48:37 -0000

[PLUG] Getting kaffeine to play AVI file shared from Windows, in Konqueror?

kubunto 6.06 ("breezy")

I've got a whole bunch of AVI files. I'm trying to play these from a Windows
share, from within Konqueror, browsing to my Windows share. By default, it's
set up to use kaffeine. But trying to play from a file list shown in
Konqueror just complains of unknown plugins.

xine error - Kaffeine player
No plugin found to handle this resource

Here's the part I'm not understanding .. if I copy a file locally, and
manually start kaffeine, it plays just fine.

So apparently kaffeine is a front end to xine. But kaffeine started from the
menu, plays my AVI (albeit locally).  So you'd think it would play, in
konqueror, from a remote file list.

My web searching has come up with nothing useful or working.

Anyone?