Matthew Rosewarne on 21 Feb 2007 02:15:05 -0000

Re: [PLUG] BitTorrant and routers - and Comcast

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 19:07, jeff wrote:
> Here's the careful part: I don't want to be the guy who killed the
> golden goose.  Let's imagine, for a second, that I was somewhat
> successful (it takes a lot of imagination, but let's go with it).  I
> might actually get caps in place - caps that are more serious than no
> official caps at all.

Well, if you do succeed with enough people, the other two alternatives could
be that Comcast removes any "virtual caps" due to the storm of bad PR, or
that Comcast has a harder time maintaining its marketshare, which would allow
competitors to pick up the slack.