Doug Crompton on 23 Feb 2007 15:42:54 -0000

Re: [PLUG] BitTorrant and routers - and Comcast

Yes I do. Do you really think that they are going to leave it in and
maintain thousands of miles of copper that (hopefully to them) will be
unused? That is unrealistic. It also has scrap value. Even if they did
leave it in it would be unmaintained and eventally useless. I am mostly
talking about the main trunks. It would proobably cost more then it is
worth to rip out the line to your home.

I can see in FIOS areas (which eventaully will be all areas) a cutoff date
for copper.

In many aeas the copper trunks are in such bad shape they would have to be
replaced. This just gives them a reason to abandon them.

Hey analog TV is going off sooner then you think - get your
HDTV or converter soon!

Doug