Jon Allen Boone on 27 Feb 2007 15:06:55 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: My Bills

On Feb 27, 2007, at 09:52, Douglas Purdy wrote:

Art Alexion wrote:

If it was $10 here, they wouldn't be advertising $33 + $33 + $33
as an introductory deal.

Here is my Comcast bill from December 2006:

$10.00 "Limited Basic" TV
 42.95 Internet
  0.38 taxes
------
$53.33

Without the $10 TV service, Internet would cost an extra $15 per month.

The $33 intro deal is for digital cable with many channels.

I remember that an Internet connection alone cost the same price as Internet
plus basic TV. I get the same bill $53. billing from Comcast.

Verizon is out here in my neighborhood (western Chester County) working on the FIOS install regularly (at least two or three days a week).

I recently got an offer from Comcast (which is my only option right now for High speed, low latency Internet) to add "basic" cable to my existing cable modem service for the same price I pay now - with the side effect that my cable modem service will be faster, as well as cheaper. I'm guessing that they figure I'm more likely to ditch
them in favor of FIOS if I only buy one service from them, so they're trying hard to push the bundling.

Since I have Dish Network, I'm unlikely to add TV service from either Verizon or Comcast.

--jon