schwepes on 4 Apr 2007 20:55:22 -0000

Re: [PLUG] printer problems

Thanks to all for the help.  Testing only makes me more discouraged right
now.  Seems that the original problem is in not the Linux printer
connection but in the fact that Star Office does not permit me to strip
their .sdw documents into simple ASCII text.
Meanwhile, the lpr command of ASCII documents produces text that is only
six points high on pages two thirds the size of a real page.  Meanwhile,
I tried the ASCII and the raw queues that both my Suse 7.0 and Star Office
permitted me and got garbage there too but the garbage had the right
height  for letters and right page length.  I tried everything on both the
test sample in Star Office and a text document without any graphics.
ASCII and raw both seem to have printed leagues of format information for
both graphics and text.
bs