Austin Murphy on 18 May 2007 17:56:01 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: Long Commute?

  • From: "Austin Murphy" <austin.murphy@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] OT: Long Commute?
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 13:55:58 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=kCSCz7lE30aa9S857TZlK7Ei4EslhMhuchgyrTCp8n63H2tP0HKca+HF9B86kkS8JQWAH72EPOibcVzaOP/PQ36XjVGyScYS9789dfw1qPqWN0VdfBEVBdo6Lhn49ch9BrVP8S9u7N4w0B5ZjUBfNyTfmAnLhyu7YndHgDRk224=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

Marcus Hook -> Trenton is something like 2 hours via septa.  You could
probably drive to Hamilton in 1 hour.  From there the train to NYpenn
sta. is only a little over an hour.  Taking the PATH from newark
doesn't add much.

Driving to Hamilton would give you far more flexibility. NJT trains
run pretty late.  Having a car at a NJT station would be a big help if
you ever wanted to work late or socialize.

Your other option is to get an apartment in Hoboken.  "Half" the
people from my high school lived there after college.  It's not nearly
as expensive as NYC, but the PATH makes it easy to get there.

Austin