Sean Burke on 17 Jul 2007 04:22:59 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Redhat Flame

  • From: "Sean Burke" <sean111@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] Redhat Flame
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 00:22:52 -0400
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

Personally I have always felt that the general communities are better support than an actual supported tech system. The 4 servers I run all have RHEL only because that was my only choice on them (we rent them). My personal in home servers are gentoo or slackware and are 100x easier to fix problems due to the more active communities that they have. You could tell something was fishy with RH when even Mandrake (forget the new name) broke free of their model and went more towards the other distros ideas. Also remember why buy a server package when most distros provide one for free thats just as good if not better.