schwepes on 17 Jul 2007 15:44:48 -0000

Re: [PLUG] aKademy 2008, The Philadelphia Konvention?

World Science Fiction conventions will have supporting staff and even
department heads from around the world.  Someone is needed on site
to deal with convention center and or hotels, to price  and obtain
supplies for the convention and to make sure that goods shipped to the
convention make the journey to their proper receivers safely.  Some
people will have to make a trip to the city to see the spaces that
they will be using but with proper planning and coordination with the
center or hotel, only one trip may be necessary.  Most of the work
can be done on line as most of the work is coordinating exhibitors and
presenters and, of course, registration of the guests.
We have found that face to face meetings have their uses but for most
participants mean sitting through three hours of other people's bs to
deal with three minutes of real information and a chance to corner
people who need to be cornered to exchange information.
bs