Brian Stempin on 7 Aug 2007 15:31:52 -0000

Re: [PLUG] is there an audience for linux matrix?

  • From: "Brian Stempin" <brian.stempin@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] is there an audience for linux matrix?
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 11:31:44 -0400
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

I think it's usefulness would be a direct result of the user's ability to drill down into detail.

For instance, using the WikiMatrix example, there is an item labeled "Conflict Handling" under the "Special" section.  They both pieces of software have "conflict resolution" as their answer.  I know what conflict resolution means, but perhaps I'm interested in the mechanism...a little more about the "how" would be nice.  In this matrix, there's no way for me to click on this item to get a greater detail, or even a sub-matrix.