James Fiore on 10 Oct 2007 12:08:15 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: Mac OS X question

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007, zuzu wrote:
...try Firefox -- especially Firefox rather than Camino -- with 200+
tabs...

...my experience has been, as I attempted to illustrate, that just
doing web browsing, email, IM, and a few "office apps" on top of that
will easily use 4GB of RAM.  nothing "out of the ordinary"...

200+ tabs in Firefox is "nothing out of the ordinary"?  No wonder you need
4GB of RAM.  I'm not trying to be belligerent.  I'm just genuinely curious how
you work with that many tabs open and why?  Are these news articles? --
the way you do research?  What do you do with that many tabs?  Does
anyone else work with anywhere near that many tabs?