Edward Smola on 11 Oct 2007 01:16:18 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: Mac OS X question

On Oct 10, 2007, at 9:06 PM, zuzu wrote:

as opposed to the C2D Mac Mini, which you can only get with up to 2GB of RAM from Apple, but it supports up to 4GB (as sold by Other World Computing as an upgrade kit). I'm still not sure how this is possible if the updated Mac Mini isn't using the Santa Rosa chipset; I thought that was key to the 64-bit addressing required to handle both the memory bus and the PCI-e.

Techincal explanation if you want ( googled it since I couldn't articulate what I had previously read)

http://news.softpedia.com/news/MacBook-Pro-Core-2-Duo- Limitations-39006.shtml

Edward Smola