K.S. Bhaskar on 28 Nov 2007 14:43:36 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Old notebook Linux install

  • From: "K.S. Bhaskar" <bhaskar@bhaskars.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] Old notebook Linux install
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 09:43:20 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; bh=QAmtT8eJMGcZhY/xKAOyExflxCQXDWs8NMpQhpgZgMQ=; b=xxAZO3sMc48I9sZ6pTK5zLT0hzNgfAk9Npc7jDFTCMqZhSeMshkWreeCSWhkIdpGT9isG34oi4c8ZOTX+dTsxshFWI9PydHT/J875u+HAOdSHzsITsEoJoxd5g3NzWVEg1L6OqAmkVE1mzgkwHZQBGaTEYEoo0m3MrCGJcE4lPI=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

If you can install DSL on it, you could then migrate it to a native
Debian (assume you are at least somewhat familiar with Debian package
management), and work your way up,  Maybe start with dsl-n for
something a little newer.

Also, if you have a decent Internet connection, have you tried booting
with the Debian netinstall CD?  it installs a barebones system that
bootstraps over the Internet.

Also, if it boots Windows 98, you could try
http://goodbye-microsoft.com from Internet Exploder.

-- Bhaskar