Josh Goldstein on 30 Jan 2008 22:13:29 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Introduction To Lisp

You can present if you want.
I could talk about it more if you run out of things to say.
I hope we don't have to wait for months, though. :'(
I got the impression that most people were more into linux admin than programming, from what I observed at the Erlang talk, but maybe it was just that people were quiet.
It might help to know what level of programming everyone has had, so the presentation could go over programming basics more or less.

----- Original Message ----
From: JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org>

> Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 00:02:31 -0500
> From: "Kyle R. Burton" <kyle.burton@gmail.com>
>
> Is the PLUG West group interested in an intro to lisp presentation?
> I'll be happy to volunteer to give one.
>
> Just let me know,

+1 for me too (since I originally asked for it :).  I've been sitting on
the thread since a few people responded they might like to talk and I
haven't found time to poll them.  They are <goes and looks>:

You (Kyle R. Burton)
Above and
http://lists.netisland.net/archives/plug/plug-2008-01/msg00402.html

Josh Goldstein (on Scheme)
http://lists.netisland.net/archives/plug/plug-2008-01/msg00160.html

OK, for some reason I thought there were more than just you two.  You
both wanna fight it out, or shall we have Kyle take it since it since he
followed up? :-)

Other people, including Toby DiPasquale and John Claus (off-list) gave
interesting and useful answers in the thread.

Thanks to all...
JP