Art Alexion on 29 Mar 2008 14:21:11 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Memory Question

On Friday 28 March 2008 09:23:21 Eric wrote:
> BIOS sees 4GB - OS sees 3.2GB because I have not bothered to recompile the
> kernel to use a large memory model

Same situation here (except MSI mobo instead of Asus).  I don't want to
compile a kernel because I don't want to maintain it.  Ubuntu has a server
kernel which can use large amounts of RAM, but this article
(http://grover.open2space.com/node/198) reports problems with sound.

Any experiences with this kernel?  The MSI has 6.1 audio and ATI video
onboard. I am not willing to give up audio for the extra memory recognition.