Michael Leone on 8 Aug 2008 06:11:57 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Sendmail configuration w/osTicket?

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 8:58 AM, Mark Baker <mark.baker@hxti.com> wrote:
> I disagree that postfix is the answer here. Sendmail can be tuned to be a
> very fast mail delivery agent.

The issue isn't speed; it's ease of use and configuration. (well,
that's the reason for the recommendations for postfix, anyway). Yes,
sendmail can be made to go very fast. Postix will be MUCH easier to
configure and maintain. Better to start using postfix now, while the
osticket system is being configured, than ripping it out later, while
it's in production.

>  If you take a look at the sendmail.cf and
> search for "Timeout" you will find a large number of variables that can be
> tuned to greatly speed up the delivery of email.

I suppose he could post his sendmail configuration, and someone could
try and decipher it ...

> Mark

Michael J. Leone, <mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>

"Sometimes your lack of sympathy gets hard to explain,
So on your mask of make-up you just paint a little parody of pain"
 "When You Were Young", Del Amitri