John Von Essen on 13 Feb 2009 12:16:28 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Internet Provider Wars, part New

Just a side bar on the whole DTV thing. The people who did the TV Ads
(FCC?) on it really left out alot of info that the public doesn't know.

With a roof-antenna in NE Philadelphia and a DTV convertor, I get a
TON of the normal channels within 25-35 miles (perfectly clear), plus
all the new extra channels you get as well (I'm really digging the
10-3 NBC Sports). When I told a friend about this (who previously was
against the whole DTV thing) he had no idea about these extra
channels - as do most poeple - especially non-technical people. If
people knew they would getting extra channels, they might be more
open to it. The TV ads just talked about how the picture would be
clearer, thats it.

I'm in the same boat as other poeple, theres only like 1 or 2 cable
channels keeping me from making the switch to 100% OTA.